Article and content editing is open to all except repeat vandals. To promote constructive editing the following rules apply.
- Before creating a page check the local sitemap, category pages, Wiki pages, and special pages to see if it exists.
- Note this is the ENGLISH wiki, the articles must be written in English.
- The information must be factual and accurate, please keep personal opinions out of the articles.
- The articles should remain NEUTRAL and UNBIASED.
- Cite and Reference your content.
- Light Novel volume and chapter, Manga Volume, Direct links to websites or archived pages.
- The Light Novel is the original source material.
- Differentiate between Light Novel, Manga, and Anime sources.
- Official Subs and Light Novel translations have the last word.
- Some LN Volumes and Manga have not been translated to English. In this instance Fan Translations are accepted but a Template:UnofficialDisclaimer must be added to the top of the page.
- Ignore the smaller things.
- English VS American English (colour vs color), Romaji differences (Sobu, Soubu, Söbu).
- When editing an article use correct grammar and improve it when possible.
- No vandalism. Mistakes are forgiven, but repeated vandalism will be met with a ban.
- Make sure content is on the appropriate page.
- Character tabs are generally Introduction, History, Plot, Relationships, Gallery. Minor characters might have everything on one page.
- Do not move/rename/delete pages unless you have a very good reason to.
- Explain your change or addition if it is not self evident.
- You can write just about anything in your own profile.
- Fan fiction, theories, personal opinions, your bio, etc.
- Do not edit other peoples profile pages.
Citation & Referencing
When editing something specific it is best to have a reference to what you are changing. Don't forget to add a reference tag. We don't need it down to the exact line or page, but a Light Novel Volume and Chapter would be great. If it is Anime specific list the Episode, you will not need a timestamp.
Source CodeEither paste reference <ref></ref> tags in the source code or use the Wiki Editor to insert a reference.
The end of your sentence.<ref>Change this text to your reference</ref>
Hachiman's eyes looked like those of a rotten fish.<ref>[[Volume 1]] - Chapter 1, Season 1 - [[Episode 1]]</ref>
The end of your sentence.
Hachiman's eyes looked like those of a rotten fish.
For more information see Wikia's Citation guidelines.
- Main article: OreGairu Wiki:Protection policy
As a rule all pages should be left unprotected. The only protected pages are important non-article pages and articles that have been excessively edited or vandalized.
If you do find a protected page you wish to edit contact an admin.
What constitutes as vandalism?
- Any large edit either adding or removing content.
- Changing factually correct information.
- Continuously editing the same page for little reason.
- Reverting changes that are constructive or otherwise harmless.
- Creating off topic pages.
- Uploading off topic files.
- Moving/renaming pages for no reason.
- Interfering with other people profiles.
- Spam links on message boards or comments sections.
- Harassing other users.
This is a relatively basic wiki. If there is a cool feature you are interested in adding contact an admin.